Keto Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies
Following Christmas tradition is not that hard because of this recipe. These slice-and-bake chocolate pinwheel cookies make a wonderfully festive treat and kids love them.
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 2 1/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 Large Egg, Room Temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 2 Tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder Such As Hershey’s Special Dark
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sweetener until well combined. Beat in egg, vanilla and stevia extract, then beat in almond flour mixture until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half and beat cocoa powder into one half until well combined.
- Roll out plain dough between two sheets of waxed paper to a rectangle about 8×9 inches. Do the same with the chocolate dough. Gently flip chocolate dough onto plain dough, matching it up as best you can. Press down gently to adhere and remove top layer of waxed paper.
- Use an offset spatula or sharp knife to loosen bottom of dough from waxed paper. Starting at a long side, gently roll up dough tightly, using the waxed paper to help lift the dough. It will crack as you roll it; simply patch it gently back together each time.
- Once the dough is rolled up, wrap in the waxed paper and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a sharp knife, cut cookie dough log into 1/4 inch slices, place on prepared baking sheet and press down with palm of hand to flatten out a little more. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until set and just barely beginning to brown around the edges.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://ketodietcafe.com/