Chocolate Covered Macaroons
These wonderfully light chocolate covered macaroons are made with sugar free chocolate, erythrital for a sweetener, and fresh coconut. Perfect for holidays or social occasions and take less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut (fresh or canned unsweetened)
- 1 Large Egg White
- 1/4 Cup Erythritol
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 20gm Sugar Free Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 350F and spread coconut into a thin layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes until toasted.
- While the coconut is toasting, beat egg white until it’s foamy and doubled in size. Add erythritol, salt, and extract slowly while continuing to mix. When the coconut flakes have toasted and cooled, add them in and fold everything together.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, tightly pack little balls of macaroon batter and gently place them on parchment paper. Bake until they’re golden, about 15 minutes. While they’re baking, make the chocolate drizzle by melting coconut oil and sugar-free chocolate, stirring frequently. Once the macaroons are out of the oven, drizzle the chocolate over them and enjoy.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe https://ketodietcafe.com/