Low Carb Easy Waffles | Sugar Free Grain Free
I just tried these waffles and I was so excited I wanted to post it right now. Haven't even washed the dishes yet. I love breakfast, but it can be a challenge on a Keto Diet if you're a waffle or pancake lover. This waffle recipe is basically a twist on Cloud Bread, the only essential ingredients are eggs, cream cheese, and baking powder... and of course a waffle iron. I piled them on top of a couple eggs and sausage, and drowned them in a sugar free maple syrup. They were crisp, light, and perfect!
- 4oz. Cream Cheese
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla or Maple Extract
- Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- Sliced Strawberries ( 1g net carbs per medium strawberry)
- Whipped Cream (0.4g net carbs per tablespoon)
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat your waffle iron as desired, light, medium, dark.
- Place all ingredients in a blender (I used my Magic Bullet). Blend on high for about 30 seconds.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 4-6 waffles. My waffle iron is a 2x2 so this recipe yields about 6 waffles for me.
- Cook 3-4 minutes depending on your desired crispness.
- And toppings and serve immediately while still hot and crisp. Enjoy!
- The coconut flour is optional but it will give your waffles a bit more volume and firmness.
- Don't stack them when you pull them from the waffle iron, they'll lose their crispness quickly.
- I slathered mine with butter and a sugar free, 0 carb, maple syrup from Smuckers which uses Xylitol for a sweetener.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe https://ketodietcafe.com/