Low Carb Beef Stew
There really isn't anything I love more than a hearty beef stew on a cold wintery day. There are some vegetables that I really miss on a ketogenic diet, and potatoes are at the top of the list. How can you make a hearty beef stew without potatoes? Well, in this recipe I substituted radishes for potatoes and was surprised at just how well it worked out. You won't even miss them!
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 1 lb Beef Short Rib
- 2 cups beef broth We Use This!
- 4 cloves garlice, minced
- 100 gram Onion
- 100 gram carrot
- 100 gram radishes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp xanthan Gum We Use This!
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil We use this!
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Chop the short rib into bite sized chunks, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan to medium-high heat and coconut oil. Add short rib and brown on all side.Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- Chop onions, carrots and radishes into bite sized pieces and mince garlic.
- Add onions, garlic and butter and cook down for a couple minutes, scraping the bottom with the spatula/spoon.
- Once onions are tender add the broth and combine. Add the xanthan gum and combine.
- Allow broth mixture to come to boil and then add the meat back in and cook for thirty minutes with a lid on. Stir frequently scrapping the as you stir,
- After thirty minutes add the carrots and radishes and cook for an additional thirty minutes, stirring frequently. Broth should have thickened a lot at this point. If you feel the need you can add more broth or some water.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://ketodietcafe.com/